Common Situations When Pages Documents Might Get Lost
There are various situations that could lead to losing a Pages document. Some of those can occur due to carelessness, while others are caused by hardware failure and other problems that are often beyond your control.
- ❗ Accidentally deleting your files
- 🗑️ Emptying the Trash without realizing you’ve moved some of your documents there
- ❌ Hard drive failure
- 📁 Formatting the wrong drive
- ☠️ Ransomware
- ⚠️ Operating system error
How to Retrieve Deleted Pages Documents
If you’ve lost some important Pages documents, don’t worry! There is still hope that you might get your data back. There are multiple things you can try. Here are some suggestions.
Try to Open Recent Files
It’s possible that your files aren’t actually gone, but you’ve just saved them to a different location. You can try opening them from the Recent Files menu in Pages.
- Open Pages
- From the top menu, click on File, and go to Recent
- Check the list to see if your documents are listed, and try to open them